Monday, November 10, 2008

Give Thanks

Following on what 3na wrote...

We should give thanks for answered prayers...

1 Thess 5:18 says that we should give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus...

That means we should not only give thanks for what we have, but also for what we don't have...for what God said 'yes' to, and what God said 'no' to...

so maybe next time our 'thank you' list might go somewhere along this lines:
Lord I thank you that I'm not rich enough to buy anything i want in the whole wide world, I thank you that you didn't give me the uni that i wanted, I thank you that mummy didn't buy the guitar that I wanted so very long ago...

or at least that's how my thank you prayer would sound like =p He knows what's best for me....

-Li Yenn-

No comments: